What questions should you be asking?
Hopefully you’re researching as much as you can to decide which outlet offers the right solution for you. Agents sometimes request a list of questions to ask each organization, including Firefly.
So, here you go. We hope this helps!
- What carriers do you have in my state?
- How many of those carriers can I get a direct appointment with?
- Do you have any production requirements?
- What is your monthly fee?
- What would happen if we decide to stop working together?
- Do you have any time stipulations in your contract?
- What is your commission split?
- What sort of training do you offer?
- What sort of profit-sharing do you offer?
- Can I get/maintain my own appointments outside of your organization?
- Do you take a split on commission earned from my outside appointments?
- How much debt does your organization have? Can my book be used as collateral?
- Can I sell my book of business?
- Can I give my book of business to my family?
- Will I be able to write commercial?
- Can I service my own book?
- Can I hire my own employees?
- Am I restricted in the area I can sell to?
These questions should get you off to a good start. You will also have questions that pertain more specifically to what you’re looking for. We sincerely wish you the best of luck as you search for a way to grow your agency. Thank you for considering Firefly!
Learn more about what Firefly can do for you by downloading our ebook here.